Do you enjoy the thought of eating warm, delectable handmade bread? The greatest, hands down, is this healthy banana oatmeal bread! You can slice a loaf of moist, delectable banana bread and enjoy every mouthful in less than an hour.
This easy banana bread recipe uses healthful ingredients including honey and bananas as natural sweeteners—neither artificial sugar nor butter are used!
Welcome if you’ve never tried oatmeal banana bread. After this, there is really no other way to create this banana bread recipe. It’s just so amazing, I assure you.
Although I am aware that everyone has their own preferred method of eating banana bread, let me share with you mine. Should I say “ways” instead? because I love to sample the various fillings on each slice.
Both melted butter and a dab of honey or maple syrup taste fantastic on banana bread. Even better, by including whipped cream, you can make this straightforward bread recipe into a dessert loaf.
To Make Healthy Oatmeal Banana Bread, You’ll Need:
- Oatmeal – You can buy it so inexpensively.
- Baking powder
- Whole wheat flour – All-purpose flour will also work.
- Baking soda
- Eggs – These must be at room temperature.
- Coconut oil – Make sure it is melted.
- Maple syrup or honey – An easy way to naturally sweeten bread.
- Vanilla extract
- Chocolate chips – Perfect for adding a hint of sweetness.
- Bananas – The riper the bananas, the better.
How to Make Banana Bread with Oat Flakes
Making this quick and simple banana bread recipe with coconut oil couldn’t be simpler! The oven should first be preheated at 325 degrees. Prepare a 9×5 loaf pan with grease.
Oats, whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt are all included in the dry ingredients.
The wet components should be combined in a big bowl; mix together the eggs, coconut oil, honey, and vanilla essence. Add the mashed bananas when they have ripened, and whisk quickly to combine.
Mix the flour and wet ingredients together thoroughly without forming any lumps. Add the chocolate chips to the batter and mix well. The batter should now be poured into the prepared loaf pan.
Bake the bread for 50 to 60 minutes, or until the top is brown and a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
Once it has cooled, place the bread on a rack. Serve the bread with slices!
Is Banana Bread Bad for Weight Loss?
This banana bread recipe is healthier, but it still contains more carbohydrates than some people want. When it comes to dishes like these, I believe that if you were previously eating bread that was high in fats and sugars, switching to this one and enjoying it will be a lot healthier option.
How Many Calories are there in a Thin Slice of Banana Bread?
The amount of calories in a piece of banana bread truly depends on how thick it is, but you can assume that it has at least 150 calories. It might be more or less, but either way, it’s a respectable average.
How Do You Know When Banana Bread is Done in the Oven?
Use a clean toothpick or butter knife to test the banana bread to see whether it is done. After the timer has gone off, insert the toothpick into the banana bread’s centre and remove it.
The banana bread is done baking and is ready to be removed from the oven if the toothpick comes out clean. Put the banana bread back in the oven if there is any remaining batter to give it additional time to bake.
What Mixes Can You Add to Banana Bread?
everything you desire. Just keep in mind that the bread will absorb more calories the more you add. Pecans or walnuts that have been crunched, chocolate chips, blueberries, and even raisins are a few extremely common additions.
Can You Freeze Baked Banana Bread?
Of course! Making a few loaves this way allows you to save some for later. The bread can be left whole and simply wrapped before being placed in a freezer-safe bag or container until it is time to eat it.
It can also be frozen and cut into slices.
It only needs to be briefly refrigerated or removed from the freezer and left on the counter to thaw. It will readily and swiftly thaw.
Healthy Banana Oatmeal Bread
Healthy banana oatmeal bread is produced with natural ingredients (no butter or sugar!) and tastes great for breakfast or as a snack at any time.
- Course: To eat lunch
- Preparation time: ten minutes
- Cooking time: 55 minutes
- Servings: 12 slices
- Calories: 228 calories
- 1 Chopped off whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 Chopped off oatmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 Chopped off melted coconut oil
- 1/2 Chopped off maple syrup or honey
- 4 ripe bananas
- 1 Chopped off chocolate chips optional
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Set oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. A 9×5 loaf pan should be greased and saved.
- Mix the dry ingredients—oats, whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt—in a medium basin.
- The wet components should be combined in a big bowl; mix together the eggs, coconut oil, honey, and vanilla essence. Mash the bananas and then add them. Whisk till fully combined.
- Mix the flour and wet ingredients together thoroughly without forming any lumps. Add the chocolate chips to the batter and mix well.
- Put the prepared loaf pan with the batter inside. Bake the bread for 50 to 60 minutes, or until the top is brown and a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- After cooling, slice the bread and serve. Place the bread on a rack.
- Calories: 228 calories
- Carbohydrates: 33g
- Protein: 4g
- Fat: 11g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1g
- Sodium: 200mg
- Potassium: 253mg
- Fiber: 3g
- Sugar: 17g